Amazon have taken over Whole Foods and surprised the market with the speed of changes. Kevin Hua, Co-founder of AtlasTrend, looks at the acquisition and how it will create more changes to how we use shops.
The following information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider if the relevant investment is appropriate having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs.
Amazon are taking on two fronts for one deal when buying Wholefoods. These are global trends changing right through to the phone in our pockets and a part of the investment world that Kevin Hua from AtlasTrend knows well. Listen to the interview with Christopher Hall of Arrow Securities Group to hear Kevin’s insights.
CLICK BELOW to listen to the interview (listening time is 6:54 minutes)
What changes to expect from Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods?
- Amazon is going to operate Whole Foods as a separate entity due to Whole Foods’ strong brand image promoting healthy and high quality foods
- Amazon has slashed Whole Foods prices by over 40% on the first day and will continuously lower prices
How long will these changes take an effect?
- Customers will immediately see lower prices on a selection of best-selling staples across Whole Foods stores
- Early deals for Amazon’s technology products such as Echo is available for purchase in Whole Foods stores
- Amazon promises “more to come”
What’s next for Amazon?
- Expanding e-commerce pickups at an Amazon locker, will now become available in some Whole Foods stores
- Continues to dominate in the online shopping space by become the world’s largest player in providing cloud services
- Amazon Prime members will receive additional discounts, free delivery and access its Amazon Video
Amazon will change the way the grocery market operates and how consumers consume
- No cash registers but payments will be done via Amazon account on your phone
- Using Whole Foods stores as mini-distribution centres in metropolitan areas
- Amazon Prime could become a one-stop shop for all consumer needs
- New product offering including prepared food kits and online food delivery
- Faster delivery times
AtlasTrend’s Big Data Big Fund and Healthy Lifestyle Fund as investment trends
- For an investor and a consumer, it’s an incredible time to watch and participate in this happening before us. These are many of the reasons why some of our funds, which invest according to long-term trends in e-commerce, big data and healthy living are investors in Amazon
Listen to more interviews in this series:
AtlasTrend manages a global share fund investing in companies driving or benefiting from the big data trend. For more insights on big data as an investment trend and access to invest in the AtlasTrend Big Data Big Fund, sign up for a free 30 day trial.