In this interview, we look at Big Data, what is it, how you’re contributing to it – every minute of every day – and where is it taking us. Get direct insights from AtlasTrend Co-founder, Kevin Hua, in this next series of interviews with Christopher Hall from Arrow Securities Group.
The following information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider if the relevant investment is appropriate having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs.
We are all creating and consuming Big Data at an increasing rate. Kevin Hua, Co-founder of AtlasTrend explains just how we’re an integral part of the process and who benefits.
CLICK BELOW to listen to the interview (listening time is 5:40 minutes)
What is big data?
- The use of technology and computing power to analyse large amounts of data that is being created every day
How we’re contributing to big data – everyday?
- Each day, we all consume and create data without necessarily realising it
- Big data touches every part of our lives and is growing exponentially – when we’re on social media, online shopping, booking holidays, searching online, taking photos and videos, using maps or playing games online
Examples of what this data does for us?
- Tracks our digital footprint to offer tailored online shopping experiences
- Sensors, cameras and diagnostic tools – sometimes referred to as the Internet of Things – can help companies be more efficient in their everyday processes
- Companies use big data technology to analyse customers’ information and utilise trends and patterns to identify risks and possible fraud
Big data as an investment trend
- As our world becomes increasingly online, we believe the big data thematic is only going to grow further
- That is why AtlasTrend’s Big Data Fund has been constructed to capture this long-term structural trend as it includes many of the companies that are benefitting from this trend such as Amazon and Alphabet (listed parent of Google).
Listen to more interviews in this series:
Disney and Netflix are Parting Ways
Investment opportunities from the growth of Online Shopping
Nike Sprints Ahead with Amazon and Instagram
Amazon’s Tuition Costs US$13.7bn for a Food-ucation
AtlasTrend manages a global share fund investing in companies driving or benefiting from the big data trend. For more insights on big data as an investment trend and access to invest in the AtlasTrend Big Data Big Fund, sign up for a free 7-day trial.