As per our article in the Australian Financial Review, we are pleased to share the below Press Release on AtlasTrend. We would like to thank everyone who has come on this journey with us, particularly all our members, family & friends and shareholders for supporting us. We have lots of plans to enhance the investment experience for our members and are excited about this next phase in our journey in bringing you a smart and hassle-free global investing experience.
Kent, Kevin and Jade
- $2.8m committed from investors including early backers of SocietyOne, Addventure Fund (ESVCLP) and former senior Macquarie Group executives
- Funding to expand unique technology-driven online investment platform revolutionising the customer and investment experience for active managed fund investing
- Raising supported by new investment tax incentives offered under National Innovation and Science Agenda
- All AtlasTrend global equities actively managed funds exclusively focused on investing in established global megatrends – big data, online shopping, healthy living and splurging baby boomers
- All AtlasTrend global equities actively managed funds performing ahead of benchmark since inception
- The AtlasTrend Online Shopping Spree Fund ranked as Morningstar’s top performer in the “Equity Global Technology Australia” category for the 6 months to 30 September 2016 with 13.0% investment returns
20 October 2016: Australian based fintech and global equities fund manager, AtlasTrend, is pleased to advise that it has completed a capital raising of $2.8m to grow its online investment platform and progress its continued disruption of the trillion dollar traditional funds management sector.
AtlasTrend provides retail and sophisticated investors with online access to proprietary investment insights and an easy way to invest in four exclusive global equities funds, with portfolios aligned to global investment megatrends focused on where the world is heading – Big Data, Online Shopping, Healthy Lifestyle, and Baby Boomers.
AtlasTrend completed the capital raising through new and existing investors, with notable investors including some of the early backers of peer-to-peer lender, SocietyOne, plus several ex-Macquarie Group senior executives. Greg Mackay, a former Macquarie Group Executive Director has joined AtlasTrend’s advisory board.
This capital raising was helped by the recently introduced tax incentives for startup investors as part of the Federal Government’s roll-out of the National Innovation and Science Agenda.
AtlasTrend co-founders Kent Kwan, Jade Ong and Kevin Hua said the successful funding round is a strong endorsement of the future growth in AtlasTrend’s unique online platform and potential as an emerging fintech business.
“We see a real opportunity to utilise technology to change the way the industry operates and provide retail investors with a transparent, engaging and hassle-free online investing experience in actively managed funds that provide exposure to some of the most thriving global commercial trends.”
“The pace of technological disruption in the funds management industry is increasing. In this day and age, we see no compelling reason why traditional fund managers continue to only provide monthly or quarterly update reports to investors written in jargon loaded language with little investment portfolio transparency while charging opaque fees.”
Selected Fund Performance
Using its online investment platform, AtlasTrend is providing customers with a revolutionary experience throughout their entire investment journey. This includes a unique subscription fee structure, exclusive online access to full managed fund investment portfolio details, jargon free investment insights, 24/7 online access to personalised investment performance and direct online engagement with the AtlasTrend team. Customers can start investing from $1,000 (or $100 on a monthly investment plan).